Broiled Chicken Legs with Onions, Apples and Lemon-Pepper Sauce
• 2½ pounds chicken legs
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 large Vidalia onions, peeled
• 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
• 2 tablespoons Bertolli extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 10-ounce jar Tabasco Spicy Red Pepper Jelly
• 3 lemons
1. Preheat broiler on low. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Place chicken in center of pan.
2. Cut each onion into 12 thin wedges. Scatter onions and apples around chicken. Drizzle everything with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil 10 min. Turn chicken over and stir apples and onions to expose uncooked surfaces. Turn broiler on high. Broil until chicken is charred and cooked through, about another 10 min.
3. Meanwhile, heat pepper jelly in a small saucepan until melted. Peel lemons and remove pith. Dice lemons, reserving juice. Remove jelly from heat; add diced lemon and juice. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. To serve, spoon sauce on top of chicken, onions, apples; top with fresh coarse-ground pepper.
Rum Truffle Mocha
• 1 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
• 1 Tbsp rum
• 3/4 c hot freshly brewed coffee
• 2 packets Sweet'N Low sweetener
• skim milk
• shaved chocolate ( for garnish )
Brew coffee like you always do. In the meantime make milk froth: fill a little jar 1/3 full with milk. Place the lid on top, shake to create foam. Take lid off and microwave milk for in 20 sec increments until hot. Foam will float to top as milk gets hot so keep and eye on it.
In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate. Add a few teaspoons of hot coffee, stir until smooth. It may look grainy at first but add another teaspoon, keep whisking with a fork until smooth. Add sweetener and whisk again. Pour into your mug.
Pour rum on top of melted chocolate.
Top with milk froth. Garnish with shaved chocolate.
Sunday - Thursday 6 am to 9 pm
Friday & Saturday 6 am to 10 pm
Open 7 days a week
365 days a year!